View post (GT Solo Assignment - June 2008)

View thread

Silimtao
Silimtao
06/15/2008 2:47 pm
Hey Light, don't you ever sleep? I forget the time 'tween Down Under and East US; anyway it's 10:30 a.m Sunday here.

I installed reaper on my laptop, but was so happy to finally have the the unit running I didn't try to record anything there. It would be nice if it would recognize the unit so I don't have wires running all over the place. But it was 4 a.m.! But being the OCD person that I am, I went back to the desktop and was able to install there- without the upgrade after upgraded I was prompted to do for the drivers and utility called LineMonkey or something.

I was able to do some recording using my soundcard's recording program. I love your track! It makes me think of a car chase- would sound good as a soundtrack for a chase scene in a movie.

My fingers are so tender now playing my Ibanez since they have 9's on 'em. I'm used to playing my Strat with 12's on 'em and it feels like I've been playing on razor wire. A couple of 'em are literally bleeding, lol!

Even though I'm so sleep deprived I'm going to install reaper on my desktop.

Your track makes me want to speed, and I'm not a shredder. If I get up the nerve, I'll upload something. You were right in suggesting I get usb interface- no way in the world would I have been able to record anything remotely decent. And the Port does have some cool preset, etc. It was just maddening installing it. In time I'm sure I'll love it; betcha I wouldn't have had the problems I had if I had gotten the Stealth, but it was all the different sounds that sold me on the TonePort- or whatever it's called. I'm delirious right now.

Thanks for all your help. Well, learn something new every day.
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)