View post (GT Solo Assignment - June 2008)

View thread

sensibleanarchy
sensibleanarchy
06/14/2008 2:03 pm
Thanks for the info Light. I don't plug directly into my soundcard, there's an interface that connects to it with all the in/out ports and the panel is right in the front of my pc. It's made with 3/4" inputs for guitar; it's just that for whatever reason, my guitar sounds like crap through my pc. There's even modelling effects- but they're not working either, so I've been debating a usb interface- I was looking at Line 6 Pod something or other for about $150 US, but I'm thinking, if there's something wrong with the soundcard it may not make a difference.

I'm going to reinstall the drivers and software etc and see what happens. I'll take a look at Reaper if/when I can get things working. Even my 5.1 speakers aren't fully working, so hopefully a reinstall of the software/drivers will fix things, but I get the feeling this will be one of those weekends where nothing goes right....I'll be going to a Guitar Center later possibly and maybe look for a cheap usb interface or the StealthPlug as you recommended. Will let you know. Thanks.