View post (GT Solo Assignment - June 2008)

View thread

Silimtao
Silimtao
06/14/2008 3:53 am
How do you guys record your tracks? I did a search in the forums but couldn't find much. I have an Audigy Soundblaster soundcard with input for guitar, but it sounds like crap- didn't link any of my pedals though. Any cheap/free software? Maybe output my amp to the soundcard? I think some drivers or something got corrupted cuz there was a time right after I built my pc and plugged straigt in, it sounded great.

That's a smoking track you did, Light. Is that a straight E5 power chord playing throughout? I was playing in E and A minor (don't ask me what modes; I've hit a wall with theory lately). And a coupla other scales, and it seemed to fit. I can make claims to playing fast, but never playing well, lol. Your track made me pull out my Ibanez RG, and it just made me want to rip. I'm no shredder, but it was fun playing over the track. I recorded myself with my Blackberry, lol (son's on the desktop now).

Anyway, any suggestions on how to better record? Software? I definitely can record, but it sounds like crap- can't capture the sustain and dynamics of sound I want. I just may have the guts to upload something.
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)