View post (Rythm problems)

View thread

BrokenJera
BrokenJera
05/18/2008 7:22 am
if you want to improve your chord knowledge for metal youll still need to do a lot of work.

im not sure where to find the info on this site because im taking lessons from a teacher and i dont want to overly confuse my self but its still a great resource to be on this site.

for your chords you need to know:
all the barre chords ( maj min dom7 maj7 min7 and all the other alphabit soup.)
the triad chords (same alphabit soup) rooted on all 6 strings.
and the chord types for all keys.

you get a break on most of the chords since the are moving shapes on the same root string. so you need to learn a shape rather than 12 chords. next you really need to know every note on the finger board so youll know how to move the chords. practice all your scales but rather then just burning through them say the note your playing.

to imporve the overall melody or harmony of your playing you need to learn the circle of fifths. its hard to get/understand at first but it helps alot in understanding which chords to use to create the sound you want.

the other thing as a rythum guitar player you need to learn how to drop a root and which roots not the drop. if you have a second guitar and a bass guitar all playing the same not the sound waves can become cluttered and will make you sound terrible.

what do you mean you can keep a consistant rythum? are you talking about volume? or your 'beats'? to help with volume you might get a compressor that will keep the volume pretty close to the same even on soft parts. for your beats you should use a metronome/ beat machine and practice hard to get good at it. as for what pickup which one do you want to use?
They say the END is near, but I'm Tired of waiting.