View post (VOTING For GT Solo Assignment - April 2008)

View thread

FingerSpasm
FingerSpasm
05/04/2008 10:18 pm
Just finished listening to all the entries on my brand new M-Audio BX5a Studio Monitors. Sorry I know I am bragging but man they sound GOOD! Here is what I thought for what its worth.

Superhuman - Glad to hear you are getting better. I still remember you helping me get on track with a good Drum program over a year ago.... I though you entry was very good as is the norm for you. I really like the quality of your mixes and your guitar sound. Your speed is always right out front and its something I envy (in a good way). But what really impresses me is your ability to get nice harmonics and vibrato in you fast playing. Nice entry.

Maestro - Nice entry. I like the staccato style intro and then there was some real nice sweeps in there. You and Superhuman are pretty much in a different league when it comes to these entries. I think its great that you guys participate.

Spedzar - Man you make me miss the 3 years I spent in Bermuda. Always mentioning the ocean and the nice weather. Yes I am jealous! :) Nice entry you did not give yourself enough credit on this one. There was a section in there where it almost sounded like you were playing keyboard Synth's instead of guitar but you had some really nice runs in there. You are right there with Superhuman and Maestro I just think you have more of a nonchalant attitude and are in a to much of a hurry to get back on the water to really polish it up. Your Description on your soundclick page says it all. Blah Blah Blah so I play guitar. That cracks me up.

WWB - Nice clean playing on your entry sounded like you stayed in your comfort zone. I did not notice any missed notes etc. I think like myself you could have used a little bit of Vibrato in your intro. It was a really nice entry looking forward to hearing some more from you.

Wriggler UK - You had some nice melodic stuff in your entry. Nice use of effects. I really liked the Wah. Some real nice phrasing in there also.

Equator - Nice slow Melodic intro. You stayed nice and patient and then had some nice burst of speed further into it. Real tasteful. There was a little more bass in the intro than I would have liked but thats personal taste.

Mpaq - Really noticed your use of varying distortion levels throughout. You have a really nice guitar sound working for you. Some real nice melodic runs and your use of the effects was very nicely balanced.

Cookie Monster - Nice to hear a new entrant. Some real nice bluesy stuff. I commented on yours earlier in this thread so I will not repeat myself. Good stuff.

Fingerspasm - Ya I know thats me... I used this entry to try and test my speed. It was kinda sloppy but I like to use this as a platform to push myself. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to comment on my entry that means a bunch.