View post (VOTING For GT Solo Assignment - April 2008)

View thread

equator
equator
05/03/2008 11:03 pm
Really tough to choose a favorite solo, they are all good and each has its own unique flavor.

Superhuman. I am glad to hear that you are doing better health wise. I liked the harmonics, ( your gear brings out every little detail of your playing ) your take is a master class on sequencing and your technique and skills never ceases to amaze me.

Maestro Shaz. First of all thanks for providing such a great backing track. I liked your tone choice, I am a sweeping freak so I was really happy to hear those mean sounding sweeps on your take. One of the things I like of your playing among others, is your vibrato; it is very expressive. A nice balance of shredding and melodic lines. Good riffing. Just an amazing take man.

Spedzar. Welcome back bro. Impressive fast playing and interesting synthesized effects.

wwb. Good riffing, excellent tone, unusual melodies and fresh ideas.

WrigglerUk. Plenty of tonal explorations and improved phrasing.

mpaq. I liked the variation of tones. Enjoyable themes around a well established hook. A nice take from the beginning to the end with interesting tone changes.

FingerSpasm. Nice track bro. Your speed and how you build the structure of your solo keep improving each month.

Cookie Monster. I can’t play your song for some reason. But I remember your take captured the spontaneity of your improvisation with a nice bluesy feel to it.

I had a hard time deciding between Maestro shaz and mpaq. But at the end I voted for Shaz mainly for the exuberance of technique abilities.
Someday I`ll play like in my dreams.

equator's Music Page.