View post (Fastest guitarist you know!!!)

View thread

u10ajf
u10ajf
04/19/2002 9:01 pm
Satch is incredibly fast it's just unlike most neo-classical heads he doesn't always ram it down people's throats by sweep picking the whole fretboard like some machine. For example there's a little bit of the second solo from Rubina's blue sky happiness, that's like a pianist's glissando. I expect he could cope with most of what these obscure largely un-listenable, dull as hell players regularly blurt out if he wanted to but he wouldn't even try because, his ego is too irreplacably huge to risk denting. Whillst I'm about it I'd also like to say he's way cooler than Vai but I don't see why there always being compared (other than that Satch taught Vai) when they're so different.
Anyway, I don't personally know how to tell the difference between a delay effect and seriously fast alternate picking anyway, it all sounds faster with a warm neck pick up setting anyway. I don't know what I'm doing adding to the 30th page of this thread! Perhaps I can fill some more time meditating on the merits of the colour grey..
If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?