View post (Fastest guitarist you know!!!)

View thread

Rudi
Rudi
01/31/2002 2:14 pm
Hi all! I searched for the fastest guitar player in the world and found this thread:)
I have actually met Marcus Paus at a Dream Theater consert in Oslo Norway(Where i come from) One thing that made me smile a little was that he had actually brought his guitar to a consert(to show off?:) and my friend asked him to play a difficult part from one of Dream t... songs.
ok he said and i laid my ear on the neck of the guitar only to be blown of this earth astonished!! Ok that he played the riff perfect but also four times as fast or somth and he swithed his hand gripping the neck normally and from above just to show that this was no big deal at all:)
Just about then i looked at my friend and shook my head thinkin this "guy isnt normal at all" I have also heard that Paus has a case of Hyperactivity in the motorics of his body or somthing that makes his "out of this world" shredding possible.. Somthing i can understand after i have met him.. he could simply not sit still:)

In my search i also "fell into" The Great kat`s home page, This is a English chick who claims to be the fastest guitarplayer in the world(surely the most psycho:) she is a virutous violin player who suddenly found out she`d freak out and convert her classical self into a speed metal s&m ...thing:) way to go! (she also thinks she`s the reincarnation of Beethoven and speaks of herself in third person form:) http://greatkat.com/ and laugh ure ass off!