View post (Shred jam with a couple of friends)

View thread

Superhuman
Superhuman
04/08/2008 2:08 pm
Hi All,
Haven't posted any music in ages because of damage to my ears. Here is the last track I recorded with a couple of friends over a month ago - its a rough enough jam but filled with some pretty nice moments. Not the type of stuff I usually post but I won't be able to record anything for a while so here it is.

'In Honor' http://www.mp3unsigned.com/showmp3.asp?mp3id=52897

Beats are a basic drum machine, first solo is one of the other lads, the bass solo is by an amazing guitarist whose wrist was broken - so that was all he could manage at the time, my solo is the last one (everything after the bass solo - 2.45 min onwards).

My hearing was completely shot at the time so I recorded this one pretty much by feel - eye on the metronome (good thing was the backing track doesn't shift too much - nice and easy to follow). Recorded mine in two parts, you can hear the switch from bridge to neck pickups - liked the fade out;-)

Was great to do something with some other musicians for a change - there's talk of us forming some kind of a project with proper structured tracks etc when Dan's wrist get's better and my ears are sorted out.
Let me know if you like it!
Thanks,