View post (Strumming pick)

View thread

light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
04/06/2008 12:54 pm
Yeh I use 0.84mm for just about everything and I find them to be light enough for the majority of my strumming and firm enough for the majority of my picking. As Kevin said, if I am going for more strumming than picking I will tend to select a lighter pick but as I don't use my acoustic as much I tend to just stick with the one thickness... 0.60mm is about as thin as I like to go though. The 0.60mm was my favourite for a long time but it's the 0.84mm that is my favourite now...

Originally Posted by: "Kevin Taylor"For extra texture I use DAVA Control picks by Dave Storey. He also makes a multi-gauge pick that lets you adjust the tips flexibility depending on how hard you grasp it.

I have a few like that not sure if it's exactly the same thing but I thought they might come in handy so I grabbed a few but I've hardly even used them. I also have an aluminium (aluminum for you Americans :)) pick as well.. not much good really unless you really do want to hear the scratchy sound of metal-on-metal.. sounds dreadful to me though... I have a little plastic bag in my hard case with all my "emergency" and odd picks.. but I usually just use the same 2 or 3 picks over and over..
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog