View post (Elixir Electric Guitar Strings- With Nanoweb Technology!)

View thread

Silimtao
Silimtao
04/06/2008 3:33 am
hey, light,
Instead of getting off the computer as I planned about 10 hrs. ago, I've spent practically the whole day here, lol.

Well, to each his own. I know there are fans of Elixirs. On my Strat, on more bluesy kinds of stuff, it's not that terrible on the neck pickup. But then when I switch to the bridge, and want a more...some people call it the Strat-quack sound, like Knopfler, it just isn't there, and I just don't get the sustain I want. I really, really don't like the slippery kind of feel to them.

For April Fool's Day I wanted to do a review on my guitar pick, lol. Why not? That's not a subject talked about too often. Picking is often discussed, but not picks per se. I use the small, tear-drop shaped "jazz" pick. They don't put the gauge on them anymore, and they're hard to get in "Guitar Malls". I have to go to my mom and pop music store to get them, and usually buy up their whole stock, as I tend to lose 'em all the time, lol.
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)