View post (GT Solo Assignment - March 2008)

View thread

mpaq
mpaq
03/12/2008 5:03 pm
ok ive listened to them all and will post some high level comments from a listeners perspective not a theorist.
Overall i enjoyed them all, hope we get some more entries before month end, ive learned a few things from each track.

Bar Chord Nick - nice intro and tone, very melodic. I dont know how you manage to play without a pick but I guess its what your used to. Gives you a distinctive style.
Didnt sound repetitive or that you were stuck in a box to me, i liked it.

Wriggler - - good job, very melodic as well, you reached a bit on some of the higher notes and the effect at the end while interesting, didnt really fit the backing track but overall it was quite good.

Light - - yes shame on you, you are the moderator, your track should be perfect ;) Seriously though it was quite well done. Really nice chorus, and nice runs - overall very well structured.

FingerSpasm - enjoyed your track, lots of variation, and interesting runs. Bit of a timing issue at the intro and a couple overly repetitious bends, but overall i liked your technique. I think it might have sounded even better without the wah for this particular track, but thats a personal choice......your control of it was good.