View post (GT Solo Assignment - March 2008)

View thread

FingerSpasm
FingerSpasm
03/09/2008 10:19 pm
Listened to the tracks and they all sounded great.
Bar Chord - I really liked that clean tone. I thought of going that route originally. Did you fingerpick any of the track because I thought the opening sounded like your might have been and then around 1:16 it sounded like you plucked 2 strings at once about 2 or 3 times. Anyway nice track.

Wriggler - The bass really changed the feel of the track. I am not sure if I like the second version better or not. There were a couple of times where the bass was really out front. But overall I thought it was really cool. You had a couple of of nice licks in there.

Light - Your track had a nice full sound plenty of reverb or it sounded like reverb to me and delay. Very smooth you really let all the notes fade off nicely. I need to work more on that in my playing. I would have to say your take so far has fit the backing track the best.

Mpaq - Really nice sound you have going. There were a couple of times where it was really sounding great. But there were also some points where it was to much for the backing track. I think thats something that takes some touch with that kind of aggressive tone. It really sounds good when your in the pocket but if you get a little to aggressive it shows. Also I almost forgot you had a really cool sounding little hook going in that track. It was just like 4 or 5 notes but you hit it perfect and repeated it several times. Thats the kind of thing that can really make a nice track.

Most of you guys are probably at a higher skill level than me so this critique is just from my point of view as a listener. Not so much as a player. It was hard for me to keep all of it totally straight I took some short notes while I listened. But I am worried I might have gotten mixed up on the tracks and If so then sorry in advance but I tried to keep it straight in my head after going through them. Man what a rant, I better shut up now. :D