View post (Music Freak)

View thread

looneytunes
looneytunes
03/18/2008 10:27 am
Originally Posted by: Drew77 If you record your song you should put up a link, I don't think I've heard any of your stuff ever.

I might post some stuff in the future. I copyright all of my stuff, so I wouldn't post anything until that's done and I don't copyright until I have 15-20 songs on the cd. It's more economical that way and a lot easier to keep track of. Also, I sell most of my stuff and all rights to it. I get a pretty good one time check and the artist claims it as their own, so I can't do anything with them. It's theirs, after all they paid for it. Ha! Ha!

It's like false teeth. Yes, they're my own teeth, I paid for them!

I'm working on putting together 2 CDs for my own publication, but I don't plan to perform on them. I am looking to put a group together to record my songs. I may do some on them, but not much. I had a real good artist (singer/guitarists) set up to do one CD, but at the last minute, he backed out. He said his backers felt that wasn't the kind of image they wanted for him. Oh, well!

I do mostly comedy stuff. Old country, Blue grass, Folk, etc. I don't look to perform. Never did. I just like writing. This should be posted under a Songwriter's Life, not a Musican's Life.

Well, I better get back to work.