View post (Epi Paul vs. Mexi Strat)

View thread

Silimtao
Silimtao
02/16/2008 1:50 am
Originally Posted by: ShootaMcgavinBetween the Epiphone Les Paul and the Mexican Fender Stratocaster, both valued in the ball park of $500, which would you recommend?

I'm an all around player, so skip out on the "take the fender if you enjoy blues" stuff haha. Im looking for your opinions on what you believe to be better in quality. I hear that Epiphone to Gibson is the Squier to an american Fender. Is this true, and in your opinion would the Mexican strat overall be better than an Epiphone Lespaul?

Here's my "review" of the MiM Strat I bought on Ebay:

http://www.guitartricks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24973&page=2&pp=10

As others have pointed out, LPs and Strats are VERY different, and what may be good to one person can be crap to another. Personally, if I were to get a Les Paul, I would want "Gibson" on it. Epi's do make good guitars though; I just remember when Epis first came around, they were considered cheap. I bought my son an Epi SG Deluxe- great beginner's guitar, definitely not a toy. Good luck in your search. Guitars are a very personal thing- it can change your whole playing style; sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. So, choose carefully. JMHO.

To answer your question, it's only my OPINION that a Mexican Fender STRAT is better in quality compared to an Epi Les Paul. Squiers...I dunno, never liked them for some reason. Maybe I just haven't played the right one.
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)