View post (Strats-Mexican vs. US made)

View thread

Silimtao
Silimtao
02/10/2008 8:46 pm
Originally Posted by: LordathestringsThere is no safe way to operate equipment that has the chassis lifted up to Line potential. Don't do it!

I hear you loud and clear. I needed to hear from a professional in the field to take the situation more seriously. That's why I remembered you- I remember in one of my original posts about noise gates or some gear, I asked, "you guys electrical engineers or something?", and you said to look at members' profiles.

Anyway, the closest RadioShack didn't have a line tester. And I know it would be dumb to just pull out my Champ until I figure out whether it's the AC power, or the amp. In hindsight, I strongly suspect it was the guitar cable itself. Guess you can tell me if that's a possibility. (No, I'm not trying to find a rationale to plug everything back ;) .)

I remember now why I was reaching for it. The sheath that covers the jack alway comes loose, and I was screwing it back on when I felt that mild tingly shock. After screwing it back on, all was well, but I figured since I had your attention, I'd ask the question.

Good thing the Cube can be powered by a bunch of double A batteries- please don't tell me my kid can get fried with those...can it? You think this a good way to test the amp? Use battery power and touch metallic stuff?

Sorry for such lengthy posts. Thanks again for taking the time to read through them. Now I have about 2 hrs. to clean up the place before my kids get here. Glad you weren't having a good dream when I posted :o
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)