View post (Strats-Mexican vs. US made)

View thread

Silimtao
Silimtao
02/09/2008 7:21 pm
Hello again Hunter,

Yeah, I'm leaning towards the American made. I was impressed by the tone of the Deluxe MiM model, but that push button thing was a deal breaker for me. There were a lot of tonal variations, but I know I couldn't live with a Strat that looked like that. Had noiseless pups too.

hmmm....decisions, decsions...spend a grand for American, or tell the kids they eat PBJ for a month :rolleyes: ...

Can you believe while walking out of Guitar Center after buying my son the Epi SG Deluxe, a guy approached me on the street trying to sell me for $400 a top of the line mint Strat...can't remember the model, but when I got home, I looked it up in the Fender brochure, and it goes for something like $1600. Was probably stolen, so just as well.

Well, there's going to be a big sale on President's day at Guitar Center, so maybe I'll be pragmatic for once and wait a bit. Thanks for input! Will let you know if/when I get something.
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)