View post (Just snagged a new 7 string)

View thread

Superhuman
Superhuman
01/31/2008 11:35 pm
Just snagged a brand new Ibanez Universe UV777 - 7 string Vai model. Got a pretty good deal too, for $2000 (€1350) I got the guitar, a Prestige flight case, the Breed pickups replaced with a full set of Dimarzio Evolution 7's, a luthier setup and shipping from the US to Ireland. They are going for $1850 on all websites plus the only one in Dublin costs €2400 - and that's for a busted up floor model! Got it in black with the mirror pick guard, has the pyramid fret markers, lo-pro trem and 'large' frets (as per the Jem and Prestige).

I would have gone for an LGM Leviathon but they are about a year behind at the factory and also considered a Dean RC7G but after giving the UV a whirl in a local guitar shop I realised that Ibanez is where its at when it comes to quality, comfort and ergonomics. Surprisingly, this guitar beats the hell out of the Jem on the body shape, the lower horn has a proper cut away that actually gives total access to the 24 fret without any obstruction - difficult on the Jem if you have big hands like me. Will post pics and a review in a few weeks after I break it in;-)