View post (Buying Marshall Amp, Need Help On Deciding Which One And Opininons Quick!)

View thread

Erik2005
Erik2005
11/07/2001 5:50 am
Also I found this techiniuqe that invovles plugging 1.A amp on the "clean" setting with the gain set to 10 and running out to another amp and setting the second amp on the "dirty" channel and setting the gain to 10 and then running to a Cabinet, kind of combining the best of both worlds for a cool sound. My question is could I buy to lower wattage amps (say 15w-30w) amps and do this setup but eliminate the cabinet? Would this even work, and would the second amp be creating both sounds out of its speaker? If its possible I thought it might be kind of neat to do this with some budget amps ($100-$200 range). What do ya think, maybe a cheaper Marshall (they have one for $179) and a Vox Pathfinder for $110 and do this combo? How exactly do you set this up (run a cord out of the output on the first amp to the other amps input?)? Also, you gusy were talking about PA cabinets, how do they sound, they didn't seem too badly priced (incase I need a cabinet) or would they sound too horrible to mess with in the first place?

[Edited by Erik2005 on 11-07-2001 at 12:52 AM]