View post (Buying Marshall Amp, Need Help On Deciding Which One And Opininons Quick!)

View thread

Erik2005
Erik2005
11/07/2001 5:19 am
Thanks for the replies guys, my question is, I thought Marshall amps were good? Can you guys explain the ins and outs of them (what is bad and what is good)? After reading all the info you guys gave me links to I figure even 30watt would be nice. I was looking at the Vox you are recommending Pony but I also want to get all the controls and features that the Marshall has, point in case I dont want to have to be ordering anything new anytime soon, as its hard to explain to my parents why I am getting rid of something for something else when I just got it and I hate dealing with that, sorry about all the annoying questions, I know it must be frustrating but im just trying to be able to get it mostly right the first time around so I dont have to deal with it in the near future. Anyways, could you guys clear up how the Marshall amps sound, I have read some things that say Mashalls have good string note tone but no overdriven or distortion, and some reviews that say that they have lots of awesome distortion, which confuses me because I dont know who to believe. (Marshalls are tube amps correct?)
Any other recommendations for good tone and distortion that can be played over a drummer and another guitar player =)?