View post (Completed My Newbie Home Studio Today :))

View thread

Superhuman
Superhuman
01/14/2008 10:00 am
Originally Posted by: oib111I don't get why recording an album takes so long. I mean like, usually you got your songs all ready, if you record one song a day, which isn't too hard, you can get it done in like 2 weeks. But a year? I don't get it. And even if you don't have the song done yet, it usually only takes me a day sometimes only a couple hours(if I'm in the mood) to write a song. Anybody wanna elaborate for me?

LOL, I've been working on my album for well over a year and I'm probably only about 60% through - and that's just the recording, I'll still have to get an engineer to mix and master everything when it's all down.
Composing, learning to play the parts properly without any mistakes, actually nailing the parts in the recording process with the right tone and setup, EQ'ing the mix and tweaking effects, compression, volume levels, programming the drums etc - plus trying to find the time to actually sit down with a guitar really adds up! Even professional bands can spend up to a year in the studio full time. Depends on how complex the music is, an accoustic folk track with one guitar track could be done in a day or two but a very technical like Master of Puppets would take a hell of a lot longer.

Light, how about some pics of your setup?