View post (Making A Midi Drum Track On Cubase??)

View thread

cocamycola89
cocamycola89
01/26/2008 9:29 pm
yea man i got it set up as a vst insturment and that works fine and dandy.
i ran it through my pod when i was recording and the latency problem went away in an instant (sweet) but i still have the groove problem but i have a solution for that.
that is this...
when i find the groove from the ezdrummer window i simply go to "import" and then "midi" and select the groove i want to use from the midi menu that comes with the fully installed EX drummer (verry well marked) and import it.
ovcoarse this comes with few minor problems like the tempo track switching to somthings else but thats easly taken care of by just using the erasor tool on the newly edited tempo, and the midi file u import will come up as a new track but u just drag that over to the midi track you seleceted with ezdrummer output. its a little bit of a hassle but works just as good.
but i think dragging the midi file from the ezdrummer window problem is all down to the fact that i have a pretty crap version of cubase, its cubaseLE i got for free with my Tascam US114 so its not exactly up to scratch. thinking of gettin cubase 4. what version of cubase do u have?
Thanks for the info BTW :)