View post (new guitar)

View thread

oib111
oib111
01/09/2008 12:58 am
I'm thinking about buying a new guitar. I have a fender strat currently. It was only $300 but it sounds great. I wnat to buy a new guitar, one a little more expensive. Prolly ranging from $800-$2600.I was gonna get a floyd rose cuz of the bridge, speed loader system, and you know it was a good brand. But then my guitar teacher told me how the speed loader system really works, and its not so speedy, he also told me it was more for metal, things where you had to play quickly. He said he liked ibanez with floyd rose bridge, cuz the kind he has the string are flat on the neck, so their not like floating, he said they can help you play faster. Which would help on solos. How does that work, just asking? But I was wondering how you pick out a guitar. I usually go by sound, like if its good for rock. My guitar now is good for rock and for nice little acoustic sounding things like Stolen by dashboard confessional. But I'm sure there is more to picking out a guitar than sound. So I was wondering how I pick out a new guitar, and please elaborate on the flat strings thing. thx