View post (Amp Low End Gone)

View thread

Drew77
Drew77
12/30/2007 9:17 pm
Well I fixed it again. I'm still getting static on the low end and I will be taking it into someone who knows what they are doing because I wouldn't even know where to start with that.

Stratman, I am sorry for being a bit of a dick, but I was still pretty pissed I couldn't play my guitar right and your comment was very prickish.

I did not mean to imply that the tubes broke on their own, they broke because when putting them back in I put to much pressure on them. However they are cheap pieces of crap because they couldn't withstand the pressure required to get them into the amp a second or third time. They may still work without that plastic piece and the sockets are no longer clogged. Hell I'm pretty suer I wasn't but it is possible I was putting them in wrong.

I still stand by my statement that the thing "everyone" advised me not to do went fine and the thing that, had I asked about it, everyone would have told me was simple enough to do on my own. Which it is, I screwed it up some how or just have bad luck.

I don't mind people being dick's as long as their ok with me being a dick back, so lets not delude ourselves you were not trying to help even in the other thread.

whatever this honestly isn't worth continuing, I am at the same place I was when I got the advise I was looking for with this thread. Thanks to everyone who helped and thanks to Earthman for being kind enough to correct my grammar.