View post (Stuff I Am Working On...)

View thread

light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
12/22/2007 9:19 pm
I am getting ready to go to church so I can't reply with a big message.

I was thinking of may be Skype or similar for voice/video communications, apparently the Skype and similar technologies are getting quite good now and should facilitate a fairly decent link between two or more musicians. Also Email, MSN Messenger (and similar) and other messaging type things would help for quick messages and things we don't need to discuss directly.

Hehe.. I'm reading "Songwriting for Dummies" :) It's a great book despite the name.. but the authors really latched on to the title and had some fun with it. It's co-authored by Jim Peterik (grammy-winning songwriter, e.g. "Eye of the Tiger" - Survivor) and has all these great insights from famous song writers such as Kenny Loggins who also wrote the foreword for the book.

I wrote these silly lyrics last night, they just popped into my head but it was just a rhyming exercise.. so not really intending to use them or anything:
the sun is shining
the birds are singing
no time for snoring
the world is changing

the clock is ticking is another line that could go in there.. like I say.. it was just an exercise.. lol.. The 3rd line originally began as "the old man is snoring" taken straight from that nursery rhyme:
it's raining,it's pouring,
the old man is snoring.

but that didn't work.. so I went with:
there's no time for snoring

but then I needed to match up the syllables a bit more, so I chopped off the word "there's" and there it is.. That simple change of words creates a completely different context to the lyrics.. anyway.. as you can see I am not so good with lyrics just at the moment.. but I am working on that skill.
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog