View post (Stuff I Am Working On...)

View thread

looneytunes
looneytunes
12/20/2007 1:23 pm
Originally Posted by: light487Hey there! :)

I haven't been around that much lately. I really enjoyed playing the GT Solo's but I am now working a lot more on my own stuff. Part of my process in writing is to record rough ideas into my sequencer and then render that as an MP3 that I can carry around with me all day. I have just updated my SoundClick page with two of these recordings, which are rough edits of two of the songs I am currently working on.

The first one, No Title 1, is something I am developing as more of an instrumental of sorts. The other one, No Title 2, is going to have lyrics added at some point, hopefully soon. At this stage I am fleshing out the melodic structure of the thing, so you will hear a bunch of mistakes here and there because I simply hadn't worked it out until I played it. The main motif is there but the variations still need to be finalised... but at least it has the melodic, rhythmic and harmonic structure I was hoping to get.

Essentially, with No Title 2, I just start off in the key of E minor, then when it gets bright and happy again, the key changes to G Major. The song is coming together quite quickly for this one as I only got the idea for it all last night. The idea here is for me to look at the big picture of the composition rather than end up with a bunch of random melodic phrases.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=737179

I hear lyrics for No Title 1 and not for No Title 2. I would call Title 1 "Livin' Easy".

Livin' easy, havin' fun.
Livin' easy, I just begun!

Or something like that.
What say you?