View post (Arpegios)

View thread

chris mood
High Bandwidth
chris mood
High Bandwidth
11/06/2001 5:55 pm
lalimacefolle- tried downloading some stuff but my real player keeps booting me off, having some real problems here. Looks pretty interesting, sorta Frnk Zappa ish, I like that.
Skee- I'm pretty famaliar w/the jazz stuff, have listened to a lot of wes, herb ellis, bireli lagrene, emily remler, in the past. I have to check out more of kenny burrells stuff though, I only know him from the radio, and the stuff I heard I enjoyed immensely. Have you ever listened to Jimmy Bruno, amazing be-bop player, does the sweep picking and scale pivots etc..I had the oppurtunity to study w/him for a couple of months, quite an amazing player, learned a lot. Check him out if your not familiar w/him http://www.jimmybruno.com
If you like frank gambale, check out scott henderson from tribal tech, he doesn't do the sweep picking but he jams.
Last I heard about Frank Gambale he was in Hollywood Calf. running G.I.T. Still true?
Holdsworth is cool too, I'm sure your familiar w/him.
Can you recco. any Kenny Burrell cd's?
what about Roy Buchanan? Not too familiar w/him, would like to check him out.
I hear the guitar player from Roomfull of Blues is pretty interesting to.
As for the country players I love the Hellecasters and Duke Levine (definetely check duke out if you haven't already)
I like the rock stuff too, don't get me wrong, Satch, Vai, Eric Johnson, Petrucci, Van Halen, etc.. are all great players, I just prefer the sound of disanant jazz harmonies and scales. Plus, it all sounds so worked out to me, I like creative and spontaniuos players.
Thanks for the suggestions, keep em coming -Chris-
Hey Skee - if you still get guitar player magazine check out the Feb. 2001 issue (lenny kravits on the cover) you'll see my ugly mug in the back pages of the session columns

[Edited by chris mood on 11-06-2001 at 12:59 PM]