View post (1984 Marshall JCM 800 4104)

View thread

light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
11/03/2007 9:17 pm
Originally Posted by: "Kevin Taylor"Another solution, is to stick with what you have and use a decent overdrive pedal, compressor or EQ.
If you have the cash, get yourself a decent multi-effects unit and you'll never have to worry about the sound again. Some purists argue against it, but I've always been a big fan of them and use a GT-8 and Amplitube all the time.

I love my StealthPlug and Amplitube combo for recording.. I've never used it in its Live (stand alone) form so I'm not sure how it goes plugged directly into an amp or PA system. I assume it would do as well as any other pre-amp that has built-in modelling and effects modulation.

But for recording.. wow.. it's not only great sounding.. it's fun and easy to use as well. I use Tracktion for the sequencing.. and that is just as fun and easy to use. When I record I like to have a direct, no-loss, digital signal to play with at the least possible cost.. and that, at the time, was StealthPlug. Later on I might get a new amp, a mic and all the rest to do that kind of recording but for now, StealthPlug/Amplitube is just perfect.
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog