View post (Which 3 guitarists have most inspired/influenced you?)

View thread

Spedzar
Spedzar
05/29/2008 9:20 am
Yeah, many if not most of those previously listed and a few others that I think deserve a special mention...

Ed Wynne: :confused:
My absolute favourite guitarist for the last 15 years. Do a search of the band "Ozric Tentacles" and be prepared to be amazed. ;)

Peter Frampton:
First guy I ever remember that really made me fall in love with the guitar (aged 5).

Steve Morse:
Amazing guitarist and also how I first found out about Eric Johnson (On the album "Stand Up").

Al Dimeola and John McLaughlin:
2 absolute geniuses of guitar - let's just say Yngwie wasn't exactly the first "shredder".

Jeff Beck:
I don't recall seeing him on anyone's list - nearly 40 years later and he's still pushing the limits.

Alex Lifeson:
Original sound and original technique from one of the most original bands you will ever hear.

Paco de Lucia:
Killer right hand! Actually, killer everything now I think about it...

Michael Hedges (RIP):
Redefined acoustic guitar playing.

Allan Holdsworth:
Learn how to stretch your fingers and improve your legato technique from him and grab a synth while you're at it.

Jose Gonzales:
Try playing the guitar like that and singing at the same time.

Jeff Martin:
I saw The Tea Party live 3 times in the 90's and that man certainly knows how to weild an axe (amongst other things).

Geez there are countless others - you could spend the next decade listening to different guitar players and still discover new things...

As for GT, well I haven't been here very long but from my listening post experiences I can highly recommend these guys:
ToneZappa
Frank Axetell
Maestro Shaz

Spedzar - "the sound of one hand tapping"...