View post (Getting into Jazz)

View thread

BrokenJera
BrokenJera
11/20/2007 12:34 am
im kinda of jazz noob i guess. i like jazz but its not something i listen to very much. if there is one thing i notice about good jazz is it not like most other kinds of music. frist the drums get a good bounce then the bass joins in and lays some soul then the piano/clarinet/trumpet/trombone lays in voice, then after all this the guitar fills in the body. then the singer comes in a colors the whole thing painting the picture that the audiance hears.

becomming a good jazz player for any instrument must be harder then just about anyother style of music because its a very fast moving style (not played fast but it can change fast). if you dont have a very good grasp of the theory of your instrument you cant keep up. alsoit seems to me jazz never seems to follow a guide set of rules, heavy metal can be very predictable just like the blues and country,because the theory behind them has a set rule to follow (not totally like youll die if you dont). but i have heard jazz that ranged from very bluesy to funky to even almost hip hop like.

so dont get stuck on the rules and try every tthing and see how it sounds.
They say the END is near, but I'm Tired of waiting.