View post (New work in progress - Labyrinthine)

View thread

FingerSpasm
FingerSpasm
09/18/2007 11:38 am
Thanks for the info. Sounds like you have invested some money in your setup. Thats what I am looking to do also but I am worried about spending a couple of grand and then finding out that half of what I bought needs to go back for something else. You know the scenario of either not getting something that can do everything you want or getting something that does stuff your will never use. I have been studying some of the gear in Sweatwaters catalog and they seem to have a real good support team to answer questions and help with setup. So I will probably buy through them since I live out in the sticks and do not have a good local music store.
I am looking to get a nice control surface like you have so I do not have to use the mouse with my DAW. I get frustrated trying to remember where to click to find the drop down menus to do what I need. Nothing like wasting a whole Sunday trying to figure out the software when you are dying to record a track that has been in your head all week. Thats been the routine for me lately. Some of this stuff has a pretty steep learning curve. But like anything worthwhile I guess it just takes time.
I am surprised to hear you say you would use reaper if you started over. I have heard about this program and did not give it much consideration since you never see it mentioned in any publications. I guess I will have to look at it again. Alright I will stop blabbing now. Thanks again for the info and keep up the good work your stuff sounds great! Its very inspiring. Let me know when you get your CD done.