View post (Classical Vs. Electric)

View thread

light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
09/08/2007 7:06 am
Originally Posted by: dvenetianVery good point. They are different. Personally, I find a Classical guitar (when in true form) easier to play than a steel stringed Acoustic. The neck is wider and the flat neck doesn't hinder my ability with barre chords. I like the added distance between strings as well (less cramped in certain occasions).
However, I'm basing this on the one and only Classical that I've played numerous times, which belongs to a friend who won't part with it (He's better on it anyway, Geezzz, that's an understatement).
Thanks Brian for the enlightening; I'm going shopping....................

That's why my dad only plays Classical guitars: he has big, fat fingers and it gets too cramped when he is playing anything else. He has not really played that much for years but now is on the brink of picking it all up again.

I brought home an Ashton catalogue so he could see some of the more recent technology but he is still going to get a classical.. haha.. :D Couldn't bring him over to the dark-side (electric).. haha.. If he hasn't got anything by Christmas, that is what I am going to buy him.. he needs to get back into it now that he has retired.
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog