View post (Natural talent)

View thread

Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
08/30/2007 3:23 am
Originally Posted by: Kevin TaylorYears later, I could listen to a song and instantly know what chords were playing what instruments were being used.

Thats pretty impressive, I strive to get there one day. One of my friends has a similar abilty, maybe not AS cool in some people's minds, but when he hears any 2 notes he can tell you what the distance between them is. :cool: Maybe not as pronounced as yours but he has definitely shown signs of chord knowledge. He always BS's his solos in jazz band without looking at the charts but he certaintly knows what he's doing and I've witnessed times where he can match the pitch of a note blown in his ear, (obnauctious sax players) without doing a chromatic run to find it. Anyways, there are the rare few with THESE kind of natural abilities. I remember I did a report on Mozart and I read that he was writing music at about age 4 or 5 that used intertwining lines which was just being brought about by even the best composers of the time. This gets into perfect pitch which is most definitely a natural ability.
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )