View post (Bridge problem)

View thread

ren
ren
08/16/2007 5:30 pm
Take the plate off the back and have a look for yourself. JFRICK's idea to tighten the claw screws could work. I've never managed to stretch springs so they don't return, but I guess it might be possible. Take the back off - you'll see how the springs fit. If you are going to play around with it, slacken the strings first or you could really hurt it! (or take your eye out!)

You'll see how the mechanism works. Bottom line - if the three springs really have stretched and so won't hold the bridge down right, buy 3 floyd trem springs from ebay or a local store and fit them yourself. It's not a skilled job really, one end is pushed into the trem block and the other is hooked over the trem claw - you'll see what I mean.

No point in killing yourself though man.... that won't help.... ;)

This bit of the guitar is purely mechanical, so as long as you can make sense of what you can already see, swapping bits and adjusting screws is easy - just take your time and it'll be cool... the only time I ever had one of my bridges stick up in the air was when one of the springs had slipped off the claw so only 2 of the three were working - even that was fine once I put the spring back on.

Can you post a picture of your bridge / trem arm or anything that might help us? I have never seen an Edge III bridge... and I justr can't visualise the trem arm etc from what you are telling me... :o

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com