View post (Restoring my old Camaro...)

View thread

Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
07/10/2007 5:55 pm
Originally Posted by: JFRICKMine is a metallic blue color with a black vinyl top. Oh no, it came stock with a 307, 200 hp. It's not a SS, RS, or Z28, it's just the coupe that came with the small V8. Going to have to replace the entire drivetrain to handle the power of the new engine (400-500 hp)...I am going to go ahead and get a bigger carb, upgrade the intake manifold, and put headers on it, easy mods like that. Will eventually put a supercharger on it, but that'll have to wait since the kit is in the $5,000 range.....
This will be the 4th motor I've rebuilt, first big block...Rebuilt a 305, a 307 and a 350.

I think I'm gonna have the stripes painted on mine, although it's a straight up coupe...blue with the white stripes, oh yeah!!

Cool. Sounds like it should fly... what type of rearend is in those... it is a posse(sp?) traction? I know that played havoc with some of the re-builds I've seen... But then again, the rebuilds I witness were mostly for the stip. Sounds like its going to be one of those cars... "Get in, shut up, hold on.." :D
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.