View post (About Forum Changes)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
07/12/2007 4:13 am
Originally Posted by: da_ardvarkI'll abide by what ever rules you set forth, but I must admit that I'll (as a demographic) be less likely to come back.

Not to suggest that I speak for Jon or the site but, personally, the way I view my job here is that I have a responsibility to everyone here.

When the community was small that meant doing my job one way, as the site and the community have grown, then that's meant changing certain things because the dynamics were different. Now that the types of users who are here are changing more drastically to less internet-savvy users, then that means I have a responsibility to help protect them.

Nobody here is a "demographic" to me (nor to anybody else, I believe), but we instructors and moderators (and especially Jon) have to be conscious of the types of groups of people here because otherwise we're unable to serve them. And unfortunately, that's going to mean certain compromises in other areas – be it for overall site performance or so that the forum is less confusing to someone who's never used a message board before.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons