View post (Help Needed)

View thread

WrigglerUk
WrigglerUk
06/13/2007 5:12 pm
Originally Posted by: WeslabaLine6 toneport. $130 and you get everything you need to get a decent tone. Never used one myself, but I haven't heard anything bad about em. It's worth a shot. And anyways, ur rents are payin! :cool:

I have the Toneport UX2. For the money it's fine, it has a couple of drawbacks ( may not apply to you ) that aren't apparent when you first start... It purports to support mike and instrument at the same time, but actually you can only record one at a time, not both. Also it wont work without Line6 Gearbox software. That's the thing that gives you the tones/effects (which are quite good) etc. You can bypass the tones/effects and record clean if you want to use Amplitube or similar(Gearbox still has to be running though), but the signal is way down and needs serious boosting, and if you do that, you can't monitor the 'wet' tones from the Toneport, you have to use the output from your recording software. Dont want to put you off, as I say its good VFM, it has digital and stereo outs, 2 phantom powered mic channels, you can download other peoples tone settings and amp models etc. but you just may want to look at other options also.
Also a GOOD soundcard is still necessary since your recording s/w will still use that to reproduce the sound.
Can you play "Far Far Away?"

Yes - how far would you like?