View post (Blues Chords?)

View thread

MAVERIC777
Full Access
MAVERIC777
Full Access
05/08/2007 12:35 pm
I had a little stumble with my guitar last couple of weeks. The good ole "self doubt" creept in and I was actually thinking of selling my gear. Well I am lucky enough to have a in depth conversation with a great bass player here local. He is like the "Yoda" of the local music comunity. Well he gave me a good pep talk and kick in the butt I needed to get me over my little hump. I asked him if he felt regular lessons would do me any good. Long and short his answer was no. He felt that where I am with my guitar the best place for me to be is the open jams we have here in town (we have one every night all over town). He personaly ..... well his band host a blues jam on monday nights. He told me so ling as I can hold a 3 to 4 blues chord set I will have it made. He says that will be the best way to get more confidence and get around other guys who "know there stuff" and help me out. My main problem is all I really know is cowboy chords and a few power chords. Needing a little direction on what is conciderd "Blues Chords". Any direction on this would be much apriciated. Thanks!
A man isen't measured by how far he has traveld in life, but how he made the jurney. ;)

MySpace