View post (Other instruments? (and random thing I want to mention...))

View thread

dvenetian
dvenetian
04/29/2007 11:33 am
Originally Posted by: rockonn91I play ukulele! :D

and in that author's defense, keyboards and piano are a tad different. keyboards can be as simple as sound effects that play when you hold down a note. I know plenty of pianists who cant play a synth to save their life, and vise-versa. I see your point though, that is a bit over the top OMG-wize :cool:

Maybe the Author is a bit over excited with glee, but there is quite a difference between playing an Acoustic and/or Electric guitar, IMO. Especially over the last 40 years with Hendrix and many others stomping out the chance for the two types of playing styles being combined with equal effects. Most styles have their genre. Imagine a Pete Townshend frenzy, smashing an Acoustic!!!! Or The Eagles throwing in some Zack Wylde squeaks while performing Hotel California. It's just different styles of playing and many (not all) performers are better (Or prefer) one style over the other, 10 songs to one. Some players, IMO, have proven to have an equal gift playing either instrument, like Jimmy Page, The Eagles, etc..... some Acoustic, some Electric and some combined recordings, which all receive high merit.

If you had the opportunity to sit down and jam with ONE of these players for two hours, Who would it Be?????
Jimi Hendrix...............
John Denver..............
Randy Rhoads............
Bob Dylan.................
Dimebag...................
Dave Matthews.........
Satch......................
Johnny Cash.............
SRV........................
Bob Marley...............
David Gilmour............
Cobain.....................
James Taylor.............
EVH.........................
Jeff Beck..................
John Petrucci............
Jimmy Page..............
BB King....................
Slash......................
John Lennon.............
Marty Friedman.........
Eric Clapton..............
Frank Gambale...........
Vai..........................
Sheryl Crow..............

Being able to only choose one will show what style is most important to you...