View post (Other instruments? (and random thing I want to mention...))

View thread

ravenx495
ravenx495
04/28/2007 9:30 pm
Just curious...but does anyone play any other instrument than guitar around here? I play bass, saxophones, drums, piano, clarinets, recorder (who doesn't?), and trumpet.

Oh, heres the random thing I wanted to mention. I read this book in a store one time called "So you wanna be a Rock Star?". I thought it was corny. It was. The author went around the country totally overating these kids, not saying the kids weren't good, cause i wouldn't know.

Anyway, so I saw this one girl who was 12, and the author said this quote about her which I think is pathetic: "This pationate young girl plays electric guitar, acoustic guitar, piano, keyboards, acoustic bass, and electric bass!!!"

Okay, now I totally went sarcastically: "WHOA!!! SHE PLAYS ACOUSTIC AND ELECTRIC!!! OH MY GOD!!!!! :eek: !!!! HUH??? SHE PLAYS PIANO AND KEYBOARD??? HOLY CRAP!!!! :eek: "

I mean, come on. If you play acoustic guitar, you can pick up the electric and get the same sort of experience. Same goes with piano/keyboard. This guy just totally overrates these kids, even if they are really good.
Like a phoenix rising from the flames...

...so shall the epic journey unfold as we discover our ancient future and craft legends through fire and flight.

This is a night of trance...