View post (Drum Tracks ???)

View thread

maestro shaz
maestro shaz
04/08/2007 6:31 am
I make my drum tracks different from everyone else :o

I got my own method which i think many might think is rediculous and time wasting.

I personally don't like to use loops, cos I like to do everything myself, more original and my own style.

Over the years, I've collected one hit drum samples from keyboards, recorded real drum samples in a studio, or getting some samples from friends etc. It's been about nine years now looking for the right sounds.

After I got my samples selected, I load them up in Cubase's 'Pool'
I then create seperate tracks for the different hits

ex: track 1 = Kick
track 2 = Snare etc.

After that, I insert each sample into Cubase's timeline creating a beat.

What is good about Cubase is that you can set the Quantize to whatever timing you want, like 1/4 notes, 1/8 notes, 1/16 notes etc.

If I insert one sample in the timeline, and I wanna reuse that sample again, all I do is just hold Alt and drag the sample, and it duplicates it. Quite easy I think. That's how I do it.

The reason why is that I'm not in a good financial position to go out and buy hardware or Sample CD's blah blah. I just try to make do with what I got. I call it Economy recording :p And everything I have is Genuine, no pirated software, free VST's which can be found on the net, so I'm happy about that.

Hope this makes sense at all.

Do I have a weird way of doing things?

Good luck with your drumming :)

Shaz
[FONT=Verdana]
MuSiC RoCkZz
[/FONT]
My Music