View post (Cigar Box Guitars)

View thread

Bar Chord Nick
Full Access
Bar Chord Nick
Full Access
04/13/2007 12:33 am
I feel the same on the Oak. Should be strong enough.

I did some work on it today. I did the fret and inlays with a dark wood filler. I figured I would try something different. Looks ok but it's a little hard to see do to the dark grain in the wood. I also drilled everything without using a drill press or using a center punch. Worked ok except for the 12th fret the 2 dots are not lined up nice. Lesson learned. Don't rush. Anyway the neck is stained frets done and the tuner holes are drilled and the washers to reinforce where the strings go though are all done. New problem my tuners are a little tall so I will need to make some type of string trees so they put better tension on the nut. I did put one string on and played it for a second...It's pretty cool. I want to finish it bad now. I still have to cut my nut to size and slot it for the strings. My bridge design will need to be changed. The piece I was fabricating for this is made of chrome molly steel and I cant drill through it... :D Shouldn't be a big deal. Once I have the nut cut and the new bridge done I should be ready for final assembly. Oh ya I have another problem. The 1/4" jack I thought I would just drill a hole and bolt it into the side of the box...Well it's to short so I can.t catch the nut on the outside of the box. I'll have to go to Radio shack and see if these come in different thread lengths or if I need to get inventive.

I'll take pictures when I get a chance..