View post (Cigar Box Guitars)

View thread

MAVERIC777
Full Access
MAVERIC777
Full Access
04/11/2007 12:33 am
Finger thanks man. I hope you have as much fun building yours as I am having building mine. Nick that is one cool looking guitar you got going man. Ahhh love the box you got. Making me jealouse man. Hey let me tell ya something I figured out the hard way. On the neck give it a sand with like 220 grit paper (to smoth out the poors or veins in the wood some). When I added my filler it seemed to fill in the poors of the wood and im having a hard time getting all the white out. I did a test piece I sanded before hand and had no trace of the white after the sanding. I got the stuff I used at work and I cant rember exactly what it is but it worked perfect. I know it is made by super glue and I bought it due to the fact you can add paint to it to color it. I'll drop a line in the morning with the name of it and part #. I finaly built my bridge today. Couldent figure out for the life of me how I was going to do it then all of a suddon it hit me. It went back to the K.I.S.S. saying (keep it simple stupid....lol). One last note.... I went to my local "go to" music store where I orderd my tuning keys and showed the owner what I had cooking. He was tripping out over it and asked if I was planning on making more and if I would be interested in consignment sales. On top of that a young guy (who was sitting across the room picking some cool tunes on an Ibanez) came over and started questioning it. Said he wanted one and wanted to know how much. Man I came home tripping out. Ohhh well eather its the beer or im still pumped.... I'll stop rambeling now....
A man isen't measured by how far he has traveld in life, but how he made the jurney. ;)

MySpace