View post (slappin and popin on guitar)

View thread

ButchP
ButchP
04/07/2007 2:37 am
Originally Posted by: Fret spiderthe basist really good.

dont particularly rate the guitarest, the od bit sounded good but the rest just sounded like he was spazin out randomly hittin things.
i dunno to me slappin gives groove simple things slapped and poped sound good to me.

yeh I know what you mean he did a few cool things then ran oput of musical ideas.Theres a lot more to do than what he was doing.The guitar pops real good it just doesn't have as much level(clean) and thickness as a bass .

Another good source is from stand up bass slappin My buddy taught me his technique and I sorta of combined the E bass with country popin'..I haven't practiced it in a while.... it really kills your strum arm at first!!!.

I forgot to mention how important the fret hand slap and mute is that was the Victors bros main weapon ...and of course just banging on the guitar body creates all sorts of sounds.

getting it to work in a song is the tricky part .I heard a very good song the other day on TV with 2 acoustic gtrs(one was a chick) and they had it down..there's many more out there also....

damn now I want to work on that and I'm writing a song!!!

BP