View post (Songs that have ruined your life!)

View thread

ekstasis16
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ekstasis16
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/01/2001 12:55 am
Well, there are a few songs that get the mental juices flowing. And I want ro thank you, Joseph, for opening a topic like this. Sometimes it's good just to talk about these things, even with complete strangers, just to get it out of your head. And in my situation right now, a painful, confusing one, it's all I've been thinking about for the past few months.

One of the first songs my former girlfriend played for me last year was 'Grow Old WIth You' by Adam Sandler from the Wedding Singer. That was when I first met her and she lived five feet away from me across the hall in our dorm, so I heard it quite a bit. Now for some reason the male brain likes to associate songs like that with girls like that. I still can't listen to it.

Some other songs are 'I'll Be Around' by Vai, 'Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)' by Journey, 'Goodbye to Romance' by Ozzy, and 'If I Close My Eyes Forever' by Ozzy and Lita Ford. However, I'm glad I can still listen to those songs. They're fantastic.

I have to say this whole situation really opened my eyes, and I've never really felt so alive. Basically, I see my life in two parts so far: before the breakup and after the breakup. And I suppose I've been a little naive in letting destructive feelings get the better of me and not realizing that all but a lucky few go through it, but it's for the better. I feel like I have new eyes, and I'm seeing the reality of the world for the first time. It's damn scary.

[Edited by ekstasis16 on 09-30-2001 at 09:00 PM]
"When you're a young, long-haired guitarist, no one takes you seriously." - John Petrucci

www.erikhagen.net
Web - Photo - Audio