View post (you gotta be kiddin')

View thread

grizzlymint
grizzlymint
03/19/2007 4:49 am
Originally Posted by: clewniiTechnical ability rarely outshine song-writing ability in the musicworld. Just listen to the radio... You'll be ok :D

Guess that makes me feel a little better.... I will say, you don't see many kids that are prodigies writing music. Or I haven't anyways. So score 1 for composition ability.

On the note of not finding time to play as you get older: Even when I've been extremely busy, I find time to play. I sacrifice a lot of good sleep time to play guitar. And I don't care. Its not because I want to be a virtuoso or because I feel I need to get better, but because I want to. You can sleep anytime. You can't play guitar anytime. So thats what I choose to do. Playing music>Good nights sleep. I don't like it when people tell me they've been too busy to play. Thats silly. You obviously don't wanna play that bad if you haven't found time. Either that, or you need to loosen up your schedule a bit. In fact, I've written and recorded pretty much all my songs up to this point at ridiculous hours of the night. Don't know why, but inspiration seems to come at crazy hours for me.

We have a very short time on Earth. I've chose to use that time to its fullest extent. I'll sleep when I die.

And thats my take on that situation.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.