View post (you gotta be kiddin')

View thread

polansky
polansky
03/12/2007 1:56 am
Originally Posted by: Lordathestrings
When a kid gets the fever, playing becomes something that gets done any time you're not doing something else. Sometimes instead of other things. As you get older, it becomes much harder to obsess on something like playing guitar. You have less ability to put other things aside, and a lot less support from other people when you shirk your responsibilities in favour of playing.

Agree 100%, my boss asked me one day that if I would stop working if I became a millionare (talking bout winning lotto or something like that), my answer was, dayjob quitting maybe for a while, but I would take a few months/years to devote only to music, getting my playing down and maybe take serious lessons (GIT sort of thing perhaps).

As you get older you get so little time to practice and perfecting your playing... damn bro... even just to play... when I was a kid I had my band and we got to practice once a week as long as 6-7 hrs, now that we are back toghether is being 5 weeks and still haven't got the chance to get toghether to start getting our gig down.

Guess sometimes will is not enough.
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.