View post (line in and audacity)

View thread

Fret spider
Fret spider
02/24/2007 5:01 pm
with my new computor i got a good sound card and one of them things that goes were ur disk drive would be that has lots of ports like line in as well as midi.

but i have had a proble when tryin to record stuff.

it could be audacity it could be the sound card it could be me.

i plug the lead in from the headphone socket on the back of my amp, and plug it into the line in port. turnesd the little volume thing up a bit. and sure enough i can hear my guitar through the computor speakers. then i downloaded audacity. pressed record and sure neough it records what i play.

this is were the problem starts i try to record the second track over the backing one and yes my lead part is picked up, but the rythm part playing beneath it is also picked up except its like a second too slow. so i get this doubled up rythm part slightly out of sink with itself. if i turn the speakers off it doesnt change this in fact any sound my computor makes is recorded. i can switch the output volume down and this doesnt happen, but then i cant hear the track im sposed to be playing over. and i can turn the impuit volume down but then nothing is recorded.

help would be apreciated.