Boss gt8 or Pod XT Live

z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
02/28/2007 4:35 am
you are the the tone meister :cool:
true, effects loop is the way to go.....
so if I put my vox pedal in my loop I am not using any of my pre amp tubes in my head??? seems like a waste :(
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 1
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
02/28/2007 12:01 pm
Modelers are supposed to model the preamp of different amps, so... When using a modeler with a tube amp, you get the "real" tubiness from the power amps (they have to be pushed though). Most modelers sound like butt when used along with a real amps preamp as well. It can work, but you have to find a happy medium between the modeler's and amp's EQ settings. It all depends on how willing you are to work for your tone, and what tones you like.

Personally, if I'm playing through a good tube amp, I'm not about to screw with it's already great tone by adding some silly 'modeler' into the mix :rolleyes:
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 2
ren
ren
02/28/2007 12:58 pm
Yeah - it's horses for courses... modellers are great at what they do - model. I use a PODxt for some stuff (different rhythm sounds for recording mostly), but I've got a lead tone I'm happy with using pretty much my amp and a tube screamer for boost. I wouldn't play live with a multi effects box just because it would be another thing to go wrong, and the LCD screen isn't big enough to see standing up (for me anyway).

You're never going to get the flexibility you get with a modeller from 'real kit' unless you have a huge amount of space and money. It is possible to dial in some amazing sounds with a POD / GT8 etc....

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 3
aschleman
aschleman
02/28/2007 5:54 pm
Originally Posted by: renYou're never going to get the flexibility you get with a modeller from 'real kit' unless you have a huge amount of space and money. It is possible to dial in some amazing sounds with a POD / GT8 etc....

Yeah, that's the basic principal of digital effects processors. Offer an insane amount of gear in a much more affordable package.

I will say that if you have a tube amp that you like the tone of but want more flexability and effects options without spending a ton of money on a top notch processor... check out the Boss ME-50... gives you all their great stompboxes in a compact untit that's easy to use... it doesn't use a preamp so you can use your precious tube preamp to your hearts content... and still get the options of a multieffects board.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.