View post (Boss gt8 or Pod XT Live)

View thread

Superhuman
Superhuman
02/17/2007 12:57 am
I had a PoODxt and a Boss GT-Pro. FOr me, the GT-Pro was far superior to the PODxt - put the editing software aside (which is good on the POD but also very user fcriendly on the GT-Pro) - the GT-Pro sounded a lot better and more realistic. However, neither of them sounded or responded quite right and both lacked something that I wanted. So I sold both and made a considerable upgrade to a Rocktron Prophesy II. I only got it recently so I can't write a full review on it yet but I can say without a shadow of a doubt that it pisses all over Line6, Boss and Digitech. Out of the box the tones are amazing and actually sound like what you hear on an album. The effects are genuinely as powerful as my Eventide Harmonizer but are tailored for use with guitar - very handy. The presets include a bunch by Dave Mustain, Rusty Cooley and Gary Hoey - all are studio quality and include option for dry or wet. It doesnt have the connectivity of the other processors and modelers - it is a pro preamp - you connect it to a pwoer amp then to a stereo cab or go direct out via XLR from the onboard speaker simulator (excellent quality perfect for direct to desk). If you are looking at the PODxt Pro (which is quite expensive) then I would consider forking out a little more for a lot less bells and whistles but a shed load more genuine tone (I got mine for $900 on Ebay). I admit I'm in the minority when it comes to disliking the PODxt but I can say that the Prophesy II is the only unit i have ever used (including a Mesa Boogie Triaxis) that does it all for me. Try one out in a shop if you can - guaranteed to give you GAS!